Energy healing for horses aims to help re-balance the body’s own naturally existing energy field. Any horse that has suffered an injury, illness, poor handling or neglect will benefit from energy healing, regardless of how long ago the problem occurred.
As a complementary therapy, energy healing works best as part of a comprehensive programme of care for your horse. With over 20 years experience as a BHSAI qualified instructor in the equine industry, I hope to be able to give clients advice in many different aspects of horse management.
Why Give Healing to Horses?
Domesticated horses lead a very different life to the one they were designed to follow. Modern life for many horses means much of their time spent stabled where they are denied the social interaction of a herd environment. We add to this the complications of saddlery, bitting, dentistry, farriery, travelling, competition and diet. Horses are sensitive animals with pain and stress often leading to behavioural problems. Most physical illnesses will also have an emotional element to it.
Energy healing for horses may be of use in the following instances:
- to relieve stress
- help with behavioural problems
- strengthening the immume system
- to ease pain associated with joint problems ie. arthritis
- to aid recovery from injury or illness
- relief from skin conditions
- to help adjust to a new environment or owner
- dealing with grief ie. loss of a foal
- release of emotional and energy blockages
- detoxification & cleansing
- help to promote well-being & conditioning
- peacefulness at end of life
What Equine Energy Therapy is Not
Complementary therapies are not a replacement for veterinary care. I do not diagnose. Only a veterinary surgeon may make a diagnosis, or prescribe treatment. Therefore in any given instance, the horse owner should seek veterinary permission first. With reference to the Veterinary Surgeons Act of 1966 please read the following: